This event is open to professionals interested in new partnerships with the projects selected by the team of Les Arcs Film Festival.
LES ARCS COPRODUCTION VILLAGE, WHAT IS IT?
Les Arcs Coproduction Village showcases a selection of about 18 projects of European feature films in development presented to professionals interested in a financial or a production participation.
The 2021 edition took place from December 11 to 14, 2021.
For its 13th edition, les Arcs Coproduction Village showcased 18 European projects at development stage. The coproduction market aims at helping projects to find coproducers, sales agents, distributors and other financial partners.
The 2021 selection includes 11 countries. 8 projects are directed by women, 10 by men which make 44% female directors for 56% of male directors when we had received 34% projects by female helmers among the 221 projects submitted in total.
7 projects are debut features, 6 are second features and 5 films are by established directors.
In the list below, the project marked by (*) are debuts, those marked by (**) are 2nd films.
- AS SHADOWS FADE* de Burcu Aykar (Turkey) produced by Liman Film (Turkey), Jyoti Film (Germany) and Solis Film (Turkey)
- ESCAPE NET by Dzintars Dreibergs (Latvia) produced by Kultfilma (Latvia)
- FRANCESCA* by Salvatore Lista (France) produced by Cheyenne Federation (France)
- FREDDIE* by Vincent Smitz (Belgium) produced by Panache Productions (Belgium)
- INSECT EMPIRE** by Hannes Baumgartner (Switzerland) produced by 8Horses (Switzerland)
- THE DOG’S TRIAL* by Lætitia Dosch (Switzerland/France) produced by Atelier de Production (France) and Bande à Part Films (Switzerland)
- MADE IN EU by Stephan Komandarev (Bulgaria) produced by Argo Film (Bulgaria) and 42film (Germany)
- MOTHERS DON’T by Mar Coll (Spain) produced by Escándalo Films (Spain)
- ORPHEUS** by Stéphane Riethauser (Switzerland) produced by Luna Films (Switzerland)
- SOLITUDE* by Ninna Pálmadóttir (Iceland) produced by Pegasus Pictures (Iceland) and MP Film Production (Croatia)
- SWEDEN-FINN* by Johanna Pyykkö (Sweden) produced by Verket Produktion (Sweden)
- THE FEAR’S ARTIST** by Cristian Iftime (Romania) produced by 42 km Film (Romania)
- THE GIRL UNDER THE SNOW* by Louise Hémon (France) produced by Take Shelter (France)
- THE LAST DAYS OF R.M.* * by Amin Sidi-Boumédiène (France) produced by In Vivo Films (France)
- THE MOUNTAIN BRIDE** by Maura Delpero (Italia) produced by Cinedora (Italia)
- THE ROPE by Fasulo Alberto (Italia) produced by Nefertiti Film (Italia)
- THE SWEDISH TORPEDO by Frida Kempff (Sweden) produced by Momento Film (Sweden)
- THE VANISHED DAYS** by Morgan Simon (France) produced by Cinenovo (France) and Dugong Films (Italia)
- ArteKino International
An award of 6.000 euros is allocated by ArteKino International to one of the selected projects.
The 2021 award is granted to Solitude by Ninna Pálmadóttir, produced by Pegasus Pictures (Iceland) and coproduced by MP Film Production (Croatia).
The jury was composed of Rémi Burah (President of ArteKino Foundation and CEO of Arte France Cinema).
The Jury’s motivation to this grant is the following:
"The ArteKino International Award‘s choice went to the project of a young director, who has expressed her talent in two sensitive and poetic short films. Her first feature echoes harmoniously with the characters of her shorts and her universe with the one of her scriptwriter, a very talented Icelandic director."
Projects awarded in previous editions:
2020 - Le Plus Vivant Possible/Most Alive by Delphine Girard (Belgium)
2019 - Rabia by Mareike Engelhardt (Germany)
2018 - Other People by Aleksandra Terpinska (Poland) and Vaurien by Peter Dourountzis (France)
- Producers Networks
Two Producers Network badges are attributed to two Industry Village producers: Inga Pranevska - Kultfilma (Latvia) and Véronique Vergari – Luna Films (Switzerland)
Head of Industry
Industry Village Projects Coordinator
+ 33 (0)1 82 28 50 10
This event is organized in partnership with the CNC, Europe Créative Media, France Télévisions, TitraFilm, the SACEM, the Culture avec la Copie Privée, the Procirep / Copie privée, the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region, Auvergne Rhône-Alpes Cinéma, Swiss Films, the Zürcher Filmstifung, Cinéforom, Austrian Films, the Veneto Film Commission, the Trentino Film Commission, the Vallée d'Aoste Film Commission, IDM Südtirol, the Film Commission Torino Piemonte, the Fondo Audiovisivo FVG, Audiens, The European Producers Club, EAVE, ACE Producers, Midpoint, Producers Network, Alphapanda, Arte Kino, Cofiloisirs, SIACI Saint Honoré, the Centre National de la Musique, the British Film Institute, the Czech Film Fund, the Slovak Film Institute, the Slovenian Film Institute, Catalan Films, Norwegian Film Institute, Film Centrum, Swedish Film Institute, the Netherland Film Funds, Connext by Flanders, Tik Tok, Blue efficience, Festival Scope, T-Port, Screen International, the Film Français and Cineuropa.