Le Lab Femmes de Cinéma
Every year, the Arcs Film Festival invites the Lab Femmes de Cinéma to continue to address the issue of parity, both behind and in front of the camera.
The Lab Femmes de Cinéma is a think tank with a three-pronged approach:
- Workshops bringing together professionals from across the audiovisual chain. These workshops are run using collective intelligence methods, to raise awareness, generate encounters and bring out concrete ideas for action to make the industry more inclusive.
- Masterclasses and a podcast, to highlight particularly emblematic women in the film industry, who can serve as role models for others, as well as to showcase the wide range of professions that exist in the audiovisual sector.
- An annual study on the place of women filmmakers in Europe, updated and completed each year, to monitor the evolution of policies implemented by different countries and their long-term consequences on the position of women filmmakers in Europe.
Le Lab at Les Arcs
Every year at Les Arcs, Le Lab organizes :
- a masterclass with the Festival's guest of honor (in partnership with Horschamp). Past events have included meetings with Veerle Baetens, Rebecca Zlotowski, Agnieszka Holland, Julie Gayet, Valéria Bruni-Tedeschi, Noémie Lvovsky and Iram Haq.
- records podcasts (Jeanne Balibar, Déborah Lukumuena, Noémie Lvovsky...).
- organizes collective intelligence workshops, notably on Music in the image: revealing tomorrow's creative forces; Gender diversity in the film and audiovisual industries; Greater European cooperation for gender equality...
- and presents the results of its annual study on the place of women directors in Europe at a pan-European meeting usually held around the time of the festival.