Work In Progress 2022
The Work-in-progress, what is it?
The "Work in Progress" is a presentation of 14 European projects in post-production. They're selected by Frédéric Boyer, Artistic Director of the festival, and the executive team.
This year, 14 projects have been selected. Excerpts from those films will be screened in front of industry professionals (sales agent, distributors, festival programmers…), on Sunday 11th in Les Arcs during a session moderated by Frédéric Boyer.
In 2022, the Work in Progress session of Les Arcs Film Festival presented 14 feature film projects selected throughout Europe.
This event is intended to help projects that are in post-production to find international sales agents and distributors. The Work in Progress screening is part of the Industry Village events, which includes the Coproduction Village and the Talent Village for projects in development phase, whose selections have been announced, as well as the Music Village.
8 projects selected are directed by women, 1 project co-produced by a man and a woman, and 5 directed by men.
We received 160 projects submissions, of which 39% are directed by women.
18 countries are represented in the selection, including coproduction countries.
The selected Work in Progress projects for Les Arcs Industry Village 14th edition of the festival are:
- BILLY* by Emilia Mazzacurati (Italy) produced by JoleFilm (Italy)
- FOREMOST BY NIGHT* by Victor Iriarte (Spain) produced by La Termita Films (Spain), 4 à 4 Productions (France), ATEKALEUN (Spain), CSC Films (Spain), Ukbar Filmes (Portugal)
- FUGA by Mary Jiménez (Perou) & Bénédicte Liénard (Belgium) produced by Clin d'Oeil Films (Belgium), Tu Vas Voir (France), Perpetua Films (Perou), SNG Studio (The Netherlands)
- HUNTERS ON A WHITE FIELD* by Sarah Gyllenstierna (Sweden) produced by MostAlice film AB (Sweden)
- LEGUA** by Filipa Reis (Portugal) & João Miller Guerra (Portugal) produced by Uma Pedra No Sapato, (Portugal), KG Productions (France), Laranja Azul (Portugal), Stayblack Productions (Italy)
- MALEVYCH by Daria Onyshchenko (Ukraine) produced by 435 Films (Ukraine), Big Hands Film (Ukraine), Lehmann Sisters (Switzerland)
- RIVIERA* by Orfeas Peretzis (Greece) produced by StudioBauhaus (Greece), KG Productions (France)
- ROSSOSPERANZA** by Annarita Zambrano (Italy) produced by Mad Entertainment (Italy), Rai Cinema (Italy), TS Productions (France), Minerva Pictures (Italy)
- STRAY BODIES by Elina Psykou (Greece) produced by Jungle Films (Greece), Contrast Film (Switzerland), Doc Lab (Italy), Red Carpet (Bulgaria), Anemon Productions (Greece)
- THE INVISIBLE FIGHT by Rainer Sarnet (Estonia) produced by Homeless Bob Production (Estonia), Neda Film (Greece), White Picture (Lettonia), Helsinki Filmi (Finlande)
- THE PERMANENT PICTURE* by Laura Ferrés (Spain) produced by Fasten Films (Spain), Le Bureau Films (France), Volta Produccion (Spain)
- VENI VIDI VICI by Daniel Hoesl (Austria), produced by Ulrich Seidl Filmproduktion (Austria)
Out of competition selected projects are:
- SKUNK by Koen Mortier (Belgium) produced by Czar Film (Belgium), Baldr Film (The Netherlands) - presented in partnership with Flanders Image
- SOLITUDE (working title) by Ninna Pálmadóttir (Iceland), written by Rúnar Rúnarsson, produced by Pegasus Pictures (Iceland), nutprodukcia (Slovakia) - presented in 2021 at the Coproduction Village, the project won the ArteKino International Award. The project will be presented by the French distributor Jour2Fête and sales agent The Party Film Sales.
The projects marked by (*) are feature debuts, those marked by (**) are 2nd features.
The award ceremony will take place on Monday December 12th.
The selected projects competed for three awards:
- TitraFilm Award
The award consists in 10.000 euros of post-production services image and/or sound.
The award will be attributed by a jury composed of: Ava Cahen (General Delegate, Cannes Critics’ Week), Louisa Dent (Managing Director, Curzon Artificial Eye) and Ursula Meier (Director).
In the past, this award has been granted, among others, to Opponent by Milad Alami (2021), Silver Haze by Sacha Polak (special mention - 2021), Clara Sola by Natalie Alvarez Mesen (2020), Benni by Nora Fingscheidt (2018) or Girl by Lukas Dhont (2017)
- Alphapanda Audience Engagement Award
Les Arcs Industry Village has the pleasure to collaborate with Alphapanda to provide an award oriented towards digital film marketing. The projects were eligible to the Alphapanda Audience Engagement Award, which attributes to one project an award of 5 000€ - composed of 600€ of advertising spend and 4 400€ in-kind to develop a digital marketing strategy and implement a social media campaign around the awarded film’s festival premiere.
The award will attributed by a jury composed of: Florence Gastaud (producer at Wild Bunch), Mathias Noschis (Film Marketing Strategist and Founder of Alphapanda) and Joanna Solecka (Film Marketing & Social Media strategist, Audience Design trainer and Head of Alphapanda's office in Warsaw).
In the last years, the award was allocated to the project Stranger in my own skin by Katia De Vidas (2021), Reflection by Valentyn Vasyanovitch (2020) and The Hill Where Lionnesses Roar directed by Luàna Bajrami (2019).
- 22D Music Award
For the first time this year, Les Arcs Industry Village had the great pleasure to collaborate with 22D to provide a prize of 10.000€ for Music Composition. This award will be dedicated to the financing of the production of an original composition (5.000 euros cash and 5.000 euros in the form of an executive production service). The financing will be supported by a follow-up and monitoring at the music publishing level.
The award will be attributed by a jury composed of: Ludovic Bource (Composer) Emmanuel Delétang (22D Music CEO) and Laëtitia Pansanell-Garric (Composer)
The award was granted to the project Nika by Vasilisa Kuzmina (2021).
The call for the work in progress for the 2022 edition is now closed !
The deadline to submit your project at a post-production stage was October 12th, 2022
Stay tuned to know the selection early december. ;)
A quick reminder of the eligibility criterias :
- Fiction, animation or documentary with a minimum length of 70 min, currently in post-production
- The production should be mainly European
- The project should have no sales agent attached
- It must be the first presentation of the project in a "Work in Progress" session.
More information on the call for projects here
Head of Industry
Industry Village Projects Coordinator
+ 33 (0)1 82 28 50 10