Work in Progress
Screenings on December 17, 2017
The Work In Progress session screens excerpts from 14 European films in post-production to sales agents, festival programmers, distributors and funds.
The Work in Progress session invites 15 producers of features in post-production to present their work after a screening of an 8-minute excerpt of their film in front of industry professionals. Frédéric Boyer, the Artistic Director of the festival, conducts the session and moderates the Q&As with the participants.
Work in progress prizes 2017
- the Eurimages Lab Project prize, worth 50.000 euros in cash and awarded to a project presenting an innovative aspect in its form or narration, and that must respect the following criteria:
- cooperation/coproduction between at least two countries
- the main producing country must be a member of Eurimages
- the project hasn’t already been granted an Eurimages coproduction aid.
granted to the project GIRL by Lukas Dhont (Belgium) produced by Menuet (Belgium), Frakas Productions (Belgium) and Topkapi Films (Netherlands).
- the Titra prize, worth 10.000 euros in image/sound post-production services for a Work In Progress project non-eligible for the Eurimages prize.
granted to the project GOLD IS ALL THERE IS by Andrea Caccia (Italy) produced by Dugong Films (Italy), Picofilms (France) and Rough Cat (Switzerland).
The awards were granted by a jury of three film industry professionals, composed by Charles Tesson (Artistic Director of Cannes Critic's Week), Elad Samorzik (Director of Jerusalem International Film Festival) and Tamara Tatishvili (Georgian representative to Eurimages).
The session took place on December 17 in the morning, and has ended with the traditional WOC (Wine, Oyster and Cheese), on the mountain peaks, with feet in the snow and a breathtaking view over the valley.
The selected projects are:
- ASYMMETRY – THREE TERRITORIES * by Maša Nešković (Serbia) produced by This and That Productions (Serbia), Animated Society (Albania) and Studio Korektif (Slovenia)
2010 - Without a Trace – Best Short Film in the National Selection, Best Sound Design Award, and won two awards at the Documentary and Short Film Festival in Belgrade.
- THE BLUE ORCHID * by Carl Marott (Denmark) produced by Masterplan Pictures (Denmark) and Les films du Carré (Belgium)
2013 – Short Film The Oasis – Nominated for an Oscar, selected at Göteborg IFF, Odense IFF
- CASSANDRO THE EXOTICO * by Marie Losier (France) produced by Tamara Films (France)
2014 – Alan Vega, Just a Million Dreams – Selected at MoMA Documentary Fortnight, FID Marseille, Berlin Film Festival Forum Expanded
2011 – The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye – Teddy Award at Berlin Film Festival Forum, and selected at Tribeca Film Festival, FID Marseille
- CORE OF THE WORLD by Natalia Meschaninova (Russia) produced by CTB Film Company (Russia) and Just A Moment (Lithuania)
2014 – The Hope Factory – Selected to Rotterdam IFF, Karlovy Vary IFF, won Best Debut Film White Elephant Award from the Russian Guild of Film Critics
- ELECTRIC GIRL * by Ziska Riemann (Germany) produced by Niko Film (Germany), A Private View (Belgium) and Wüste Filmproduktion (Germany)
2011 – Lollipop Monster – Won Femina-Film-Prize at Berlinale Perspektives Deutches Kino, Don Quijote Award Special Mention at Karlovy Vary IFF
- GIRL by Lukas Dhont (Belgium) produced by Menuet (Belgium), Frakas Productions (Belgium) and Topkapi Films (Netherlands)
2014 – Short film L'Infini - Jury Prize for Best Short Film at ISFF Leuven, Best Short Film at FF Ostend, Best Director at Brussels IFF
2012 – Short film Corps Perdu – Selected at ISFF Leuven, New York City IFF, Palm Springs IFF
- GOLD IS ALL THERE IS * by Andrea Caccia (Italy) produced by Dugong Films (Italy), Picofilms (France), Rough Cat (Switzerland)
2011 – Documentary Life in Time of Death – Special Jury Award at Annecy Italian FF, selected at Giornate degli Autori at Venice Days
2010 – Documentary Vedozero - Rotterdam IFF
- HAPPY, SAD, ANGRY, AFRAID by Ibon Cormenzana (Spain) produced by Arcadia Motion Pictures (Spain), Noodles Production (France) and Scope Pictures (Belgium)
2007 – The Totenwackers - Distributed by Disney and sold worldwide
2001 – Jaizkibel
- THE HUMAN PART by Juha Lehtola (Finland) produced by Bufo (Finland) and Smile Aps (Danemark)
2014 – Boy Upside Down – Nominated for four Jussi Awards
- JIHAD JANE, DANGEROUSLY SEEKING MARRIAGE by Ciaran Cassidy (Ireland) produced by Fastnet Films (Ireland), New Amsterdam Film Company (Netherlands), Silver Films AB (Sweden)
2017 – Documentary The Moderators - Premiered at SXSW
2014 – Short Documentary The Last Days of Peter Bergmann - Best Documentary Short at Melbourne IFF and Nashville FF, IFTA for Best Irish Short Film and premiered at Sundance Film Festival
- KEYS OF HAPPINESS * by Alexey Fedorchenko (Russia) produced by Saga, Metrafilms (Russia), Atlantida Studio Ltd (Bulgaria)
2014 – Angels of Revolution – Best European Film at Lisbon and Estoril IFF, Grand Prix Abu Dhabi IFF, Tallinn Black Nights IFF
2010 – Silent Souls – Ozella and Fipresci Awards at Venice IFF, Grand Prix Abu Dhabi IFF
- OBEY by Jamie Jones (UK) produced by Harvest Pictures (UK) and Beyond Fiction (UK)
2017 – Short Film The Nest – Selected at Clermont-Ferrand IFF and Tampere Film Festival
- OUTSIDE by Michal Hogenauer (Czech Republic) produced by Negativ Ltd Film Production (Czech Republic), Circe Films (France) and Tasse Film (Latvia)
2012 – Short Film Tambylles – Selected for Cinéfondation at Cannes IFF
2008 – Short Film Children Watching Night Trains – Selected at Premiers Plans IFF
- PRELUDE by Sabrina Sarabi (Germany) produced by Weydemann Bros. GmbH and About:Film (Germany)
2013 – Short Film Weisse Nacht – Brno IFF, Director's Award at Molodist IFF
2013 – Short Film Up and Down the Horizon – Selected at São Paolo IFF, Seattle IFF, Best Student Film Award at Amsterdam FF
One additional film has been selected through our partnership with Torino Film Lab:
- DIAMANTINO * by Gabriel Abrantes (Portugal) and Daniel Schmidt (USA) produced by Les Films du Bélier (France), Maria & Mayer (Portugal) and Syndrom Films (Brazil)
2012 – Short Film Palácios de Pena – Won Chicago Underground Film Festival, IndieLisboa IIFF
2010 – Short Film A History of Mutual Respect – Won Best Portuguese Short Film at IndieLisboa IIFF
Head of Industry
Industry Village Manager
Assistant Industry Village
email@example.com+ 33 (0)1 82 28 50 10