Film School Village
From December 16 to 19, 2017
Young directors and producers from the 7 best European film schools come to present their first feature project to professionals.
The Film School Village honours young European talents who have recently graduated from the most prestigious European cinema schools.
Pairs of junior directors and producers will come to Les Arcs to present their first feature film projects to professionals at the Coproduction Village.
The goals of the Film School Village are to highlight future European talents, to foster contact with professionals and to encourage inter film school relationships.
The program is:
- Screenings of the Film School Village’s participant’s graduation films
- Workshops and discussions with European professionals
- Case Studies presented by producers and directors, on development, production and distribution, and debates on directing, independent film production and distribution
- One-to-One Meetings organized with professionals at the Coproduction Village (producers, distributors, sales agents...)
- Collaborations with young composers from Lyon and Paris national conservatories.
This year, 7 projects from European film schools will participate in the Film School Village:
- "Les Eclipsées" by Wendy Pillonel produced by Milena Colla / ZHDK, Switzerland
- "How to be a Classy Tramp" by Olöf Birna Torfadottir produced by Bjarni Gudmunsson / Icelandic Film School, Iceland
- "The Last Present" by Adam Freund / Hungarian Film School, Hungary
- "Mont Perdut" by Lluis Sellares produced by Xavi Toll / ESCAC, Spain
- "Nighthawk" by Ewa Wikiel produced by Simon Lubinski / DFFB, Germany
- "Thessaloniki" by Joseph Minster produced by Delphine Benroubi / La Fémis, France
- "Work of Art" by Benjamin Pfohl produced by Martin Kosok / HFF Munich, Germany
5 composer students, Julien Mazet and Pierre David from the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique de Paris, Julien Bellanger and Thibault Cohade from the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique de Lyon and Gary Hirche from the Konrad Wolf Film University (Germany) will also participate in the Film School Village.
Head of the Film School Village
Film School Village Manager