The Work-In-Progress session screens excerpts from 14 European films in post-production to sales agents, festival programmers, distributors and funds.
The producers of the selected films are invited to present their work following the screenings, to a professional audience. Frédéric Boyer, artistic director of the festival, hosts the session and moderates the Q&As with the participants.
Main criteria for applying:
- the main producer must be European
- the project is a feature film (fiction, animation or documentary) in post-production (minimum length: 75min)
- the project should have no sales agent attached and it must be the 1st presentation of the project in a WIP session.
The excerpts of the films (2/3 scenes – maximum 8 minutes) will be introduced to the professionals (sales agents, producers, festivals...) by their Producer and by Frédéric Boyer, Artistic Director of the Festival. We won't screen teasers.
One-to-one meetings are organized after the screening.
The online application must be done in English, but attachments can be sent in English or French.
Mandatory attachments are :
- Long Synopsis (2 to 5 pages)
- Treatment or Script
- Financing plan
- Estimated Budget
- A link to watch a rough cut or a few scenes of the film (10 minutes material minimum)
One of the 14 work-in-progress will be granted this year with the Eurimage's Lab Project Award of 50.000 euros in cash. This award is dedicated to innovative projects in terms of content and productions.
- p roje c ts t h at are e sse n ti ally cin e ma to gr ap h ic bu t p ossib ly ( t h ou g h n ot necessarily) at the crossroads of different art forms; projects by filmmakers as well as visual artists;
- projects must have some form of international co-operation/co-production between at least two countries
- projects must not have received Eurimages Co-production Support
- the majority producer's country must be a Eurimages' member country
While applying you will have to explain how your project fits these criterias.
The session ends with the traditional WOC: Wine, Oyster and Cheese, on top of the mountains, feet in the snow, with a magnificient view on the valley.
Submissions are open until October 14.
✓ feature film (fiction, documentary, animation) with a minimum length of 75 minutes
✓ the main producer and the director must be European
✓ the film should not have any sales agent attached yet
Producers whose project gets selected are invited at the festival's expense (travel, accommodation and accreditation costs for one person per project).
Submit your work in progress until October 14.
Head of Industry
Manager Coproduction Village
Arc 1950 Coproduction Village
+ 33 (0)1 82 28 50 10